- £574 per week
- £82 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Pets
This characterful Suffolk holiday cottage is picture postcard perfect complete with beams, open fire and pretty terraced gardens for alfresco living.
Mill Cottage is a beautiful dog friendly holiday home, a great option for a family seaside holiday, just a 5 minute drive the charming villages of Ufford and Lower Ufford. Interiors are spacious and bright providing colourful comfortable accommodation for four guests. The open plan living room is a lovely sociable area for cooking, dining and relaxing complete with an open fire for the cooler evenings. Step outside and the style continues… the garden is beautiful, just over an acre of un-manicured terraced grounds, children will love exploring and discovering the many nooks and crannies. French doors lead from the sitting room to a level area of garden for sitting out and alfresco dining.
Lower Ufford is on the banks of the river Deben, perfect for walking and a pub lunch. Nearby Woodbridge is a charming riverside market town with local pubs, book shops, antique shops and local food shops. The wonderful gardens at Helmingham Hall are a short drive away. This is a great area for cycling and there are many quiet lanes with wonderful views over the meadows, heaths and woodlands. Make time to walk along the riverside path it’s stunning!
Book adjacent Meadow Lodge for a group of up to 10 guests
Woodbridge 3.5 miles, Snape 10 miles, Orford 12 miles, nearest beach 10 miles
Why we love this property… with colourful interiors and an amazing garden, simply relax with a coffee while the children have the freedom to explore in true Enid Blyton fashion!
- Sitting room: sofa and armchair, flat screen Smart TV/DVD player, open fire and French doors to garden.
- Dining area: table to seat 4, open fire, dresser.
- Kitchen: breakfast table, fridge, electric oven and hob, dishwasher, microwave and dresser. (Please note the washing machine is in the outhouse to the rear of the cottage.)
- Bathroom: bath with shower attachment overhead, wash hand basin, WC.
Steep staircase to First Floor
- Master bedroom: king size bed, bedside tables, dressing table, small sofa, large wooden wardrobe.
- Bedroom 2: twin beds, selection of children's books, table with lamp.
- Outside: Very large un-manicured cottage garden set over a sloping hill, patio, raised decking area and table and chairs for outside dining. (The garden is not dog proof.) Please note that the garden is gradually being replanted etc, so you may notice unfinished areas during your stay but any work taking place should not impact on your holiday enjoyment.
- Utility shed: washing machine/dryer, sink and freezer.
- Parking: provided on the grassy verge right outside the cottage.
- Sleeps: 3 in 2 bedrooms.
- Minimum hire: 3 nights. High season minimum stay 1 week.
- Pets: 2 dogs welcome.
- Heating: central heating throughout controlled with a Hive Unit. Logs and coal, for the open fire, can be purchased from Wickham Market or Melton.
- Notes: WiFi, limited broadband /WiFi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use, unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables, you may have to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost. Bed linen and towels are provided. Linen and towels provided. Bed linen and towels are provided, please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding. No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Pub 0.1 miles
- Shop 4.1 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
Wonderful cottage, beautiful dog-secure garden! Ultra-comfy beds, everything you need in the house. Lots of places to visit, or just to enjoy locally. Brilliant holiday, thank you!!
Mill Cottage in Ufford is charming and In a very peaceful location. The property was very clean and tidy when we arrived and the garden was stunning! It had everything we needed for a lovely peaceful holiday yet in easy reach of some lovely places to visit such as Woodbridge and Aldeburgh and Southwold on the coast. Fabulous!
It is a charming ideal property for two or three with a dog - lovely garden, lovely village and rest of coastal Suffolk easily accessible Staircase a bit steep, particularly for the elderly