- £513 per week
- £73 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Pets
A rural idyll… this beautiful self catering country cottage is close to the Suffolk coast and comes complete with a shepherd’s hut in the garden!
Barn Owl Retreat is a charming contemporary barn conversion for two… this romantic hideaway is comfortable and well equipped with accommodation over two floors. The open plan ground floor incorporates a light, airy kitchen and comfortable living space with wood burning stove and French doors onto the garden, perfect for alfresco living. This delightful holiday home is in a sheltered position, make the most of the tranquil surroundings and retire to the shepherd’s hut and relax with a glass of wine and a book. Be sure to look out for the barn owls over the fields as the sun sets. With the many footpaths and trails in the area, it’s perfect for a holiday with the dogs. There’s even a well stocked fishing lake on site. Get out and about and explore the area, just a 20 minute drive and you’re in Southwold on the Suffolk coast. Take a stroll around the town with its iconic pier, lighthouse, pastel coloured beach huts and fabulously fresh seafood! The town has some excellent independent shops, cafes and restaurants, be sure to call in for a pint of the acclaimed Adnams beer in one of the popular pubs.
Aldeburgh 12 miles, Dunwich 10 miles, Southwold 16 miles, Framlingham 8 miles.
Why we love this property… it’s idyllic! Charming interiors and a fabulous location, tuck yourself away in the shepherd’s hut and watch the sun go down, simply perfect.
Ground Floor - open plan living are
- Sitting area: sofas, coffee table, wall mounted flat-screen TV with Sky+ HD, wood burning stove with starter pack of firewood. Bookcase that runs the length of the stair wall filled with a large selection of books. Two sets of patio doors lead out to a gravel front garden in front of the drive. Additional guests can be accommodation on the pull down double bed.
- Fully fitted kitchen area: dishwasher, microwave, 4 ring hob electric oven/grill, fridge with ice box, dining table with seating for four.
- Master bedroom: double bed, bedside tables, bedside lamps, wooden dresser, chair.
- Ensuite bathroom: walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC. (shower has low ceiling).
- Outside: fully fenced gravel garden with a gate to the parking area. Lean-to shed for bike storage. Outside tap for washing dogs, sheltered seating area for 4 plus a table, table with parasol and seating for six. Shepherds hut with double bed, two seats and pull down table.
- Parking: private parking for 4 cars.
- Sleeps: 2 in 1 bedroom, plus 2 on pull down bed.
- Pets: 2 dogs welcome (to be kept on leads).
- Heating: central heating plus wood burning stove in the sitting room. Initial supply of logs provided.
- Notes: Linen and towels provided, please bring your own beach towels, travel cot (please bring cot bedding).No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Pub 1.9 miles
- Shop 1.3 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
Important - please note
- Check in: 5:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.