Jimmy's Farm - Science & Nature Festival
Science and Nature Festival - Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd March 2014
Owned by TV Celebrity Jimmy Doherty, Jimmy's Farm is a fantastic family attraction and is located in Wherstead which is less than a 30 minute drive away from our Woodbridge cottages. Jimmy’s Farm offers something for all of the family and features a petting farm with rare breed pigs, alpacas and more, a farm shop, café, woodland trail, butterfly house, nature trail and an adventure play area.
On the weekend of Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd March, Jimmy’s Farm are also hosting a Science and Nature Festival which will feature lots of interactive exhibits that will offer a fun and educational way for kids to learn all about the world of science.
- There will be demonstrations and talks of a scientific nature by a variety of people and organisations including:
- UKSEDS – space exploration
- Mad Science – lasers, explosions and more
- Young Pioneers – computer programming and digital photography
- Charlie Harry – a nutty inventor who makes ice-cream using liquid nitrogen
In addition, there will be a range of other interesting and educational exhibitors at the festival including:-
- Suffolk Wildlife Trust
- Skinny Jean Gardeners
- Rare Breeds Trust
- The Fire Service with a working Fire Engine
- East Anglia Air Ambulance
- All-Terrain Vehicle and Crime Scene Investigation Unit of the Suffolk Police Constabulary
- RSPB Royal Society for the Protection of Birds
- Woodland Trust
- Martin Rapley ‘The Bug Man’
- Lavenham Falconry
- Off road vehicles from Convoy For Heroes
- Dance East
Address: Jimmy's Farm, Pannington Hall Lane, Wherstead, Ipswich, IP9 2AR.
Telephone no: 0844 493 8088
Festival dates: Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd March 2014, 10am - 4pm.
Accommodation: self-catering accommodation is available nearby in Woodbridge. To view a selection of VisitEngland inspected holiday cottages in Woodbridge click here.