- £712 per week
- £102 per night
- 5 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
A charming period holiday home with beautiful interiors, right in the heart of historic Woodbridge with stylish shops, delis and pubs on the doorstep.
Dating back to 1577, this striking property was set up as The Free Grammar School by Thomas Arnott. Later it was used as the Woodbridge Workhouse. But today, gone are the desks and quills, this much loved Suffolk home has been stripped back to expose old beams, fascinating wood carvings and stripped wooden floors. Now completely refurbished, accommodation is mainly on the first floor with three comfortable bedrooms and a stunning open plan living space leading onto a beautiful balcony with fabulous views over the rooftops and the river.. perfect for relaxing with a coffee over breakfast.
Head into Woodbridge just a short stroll away, a charming riverside market town with local pubs, book shops, antique shops and local food shops. Woodbridge Farmers' Market is held every second and fourth Saturday of the month - perfect for stocking up on locally-sourced produce.
Shops and pubs on the doorstep. Orford 12 miles, Bawdsey 11 miles, Snape 13 miles, Aldeburgh 20 miles.
Why we love this property… Simply charming and with its wood burning stove and sunny south facing balcony, it’s a great option whatever the season.
- Entrance hall: space for coats, buggy storage etc.
- Cloakroom: wash hand basin, WC.
- Sitting room: wood burning stove, sofas and easy chairs. Door to south facing balcony with rooftop views.
- Kitchen: electric oven and hob, fridge with freezer compartment, washer/dryer, dishwasher and microwave.
- Dining area: dining table and 6 chairs, dresser.
- Bedroom 1: double bed. Estuary views.
- Bedroom 2: twin beds.
- Bedroom 3: single bed.
- Bathroom: bath, hand held shower, wash hand basin, WC.
- Shower room: shower, wash hand basin, WC.
- Outside: first floor balcony with table and chairs views of the town and River Deben beyond.
- Parking: garage parking for one car. Additional parking can be found in the car park closeby. Weekly parking permits available from the Tourist Information Centre.
- Sleeps: 5 in 3 bedrooms.
- Pets: sorry, no pets.
- Heating: central heating.
- Notes: WiFi-superfast broadband. Linen and towels provided. Complimentary initial basket of logs is also provided. No smoking.
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 3 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Pub 0.1 miles
- Shop 0.1 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.