- £795 per week
- £114 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
- Private Parking
A colonial style detached property just a short drive away from the historic riverside market town of Woodbridge. Beautifully spacious with a secluded garden and meadows and countryside beyond.
WOODBRIDGE 3.5 miles, SNAPE 10 miles, ORFORD 12 miles, NEAREST BEACH 10 miles
About the property
Just a hop, skip and jump away from the idyllic villages of Ufford and Lower Ufford. A spacious detached colonial style house sits back from the quiet lane and has the benefit of a ground floor bedroom and en-suite shower room. Two very spacious first floor bedrooms overlook the secluded garden complete with wildlife pond. Parents with small children please be aware of this.
Meadow Lodge sits comfortably in its own grounds with a sweeping gravel drive circling the house. To the rear is a long expanse of grass and herbaceous borders (not fully enclosed). At the end of the garden is a very natural widlife area complete with pond. Meadow Lodge offers contemporary accommodation for 6 people in a very quiet and picturesque location but within a pleasant walking distance of two good pubs.
Minimum Hire 3 nights except in high season when it is a week.
Note: Smoking is not permitted.
- Enter Meadow Lodge through the rear French doors which lead directly into the light, airy and flag-stoned kitchen and dining room. The kitchen is very well equipped with electric eye-level ovens, large and small, a separate gas hob and large areas of granite work tops. A feature is the central island with inset sink - a lovely prep area. An integrated fridge freezer and upright pull out storage complete a super contemporary kitchen.
- The dining area has a refectory table with four chairs and a bench seat plus easy chairs for that after dinner chat around the gas coal-effect stove. South facing French doors allow the sun to flood in to this delightful room.
- Off the kitchen is a separate utility room where you will find the microwave and freezer, there is a sink, washing machine, dryer and door to the garden. The ironing board and iron are stored in this room.
- A door leads through to the entrance hall with chest of drawers and writing desk. Stairs lead to the first floor bedrooms. The sitting room has two lovely sofas and two armchairs. The TV offers a full SKY including the sports channel. A wood burner provides extra comfort for those weekend breaks in the cooler months.
- Another door leads through to a spacious ground floor double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
- Stairs lead up to a landing with doors to the two bedrooms and separate family bathroom.
- The double bedroom has a super king sized bed and large window with access to the south facing balcony. There is a large walk-in hanging cupboard for clothes etc.
- The double aspect twin bedroom is very spacious and benefits from having its own w.c. and wash basin.
- There is a delightful family bathroom with w.c, basin, bidet and step up bath.
- A sweeping gravel drive allows for easy parking for two or three cars
- The separate garage and flat above does not constitute part of the rental.
- Please note that parents with small children should be aware that there is a wildlife pond at the end of the garden with rushes and an expanse of shallow water.
- The garden is not fully enclosed
- The house has central heating with complementary gas coal effect stove in the kitchen and wood burning stove in the sitting room.
- Wifi is provided but should not be used for downloading or be relied upon for work purposes.
- There is a coal BBQ.
Walking shoes, map of the area, beach towels, and plenty of wine to enjoy by the wood burner.
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 2 bathrooms
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Garden, courtyard or patio
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Pub 0.6 miles
- Shop 4.1 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
A beautiful, well equipped house, even a xmas tree and decorations!