- £758 per week
- £108 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
This traditional Suffolk barn has stunning interiors and is an outstanding get away holiday cottage for two in Sutton.
Looking to escape to the countryside… Sewell Barn is perfect! Discover and explore a rare and wonderful landscape, great for walking, cycling and horse riding… you can even take carriage driving lessons!,
Sewell Barn is on the Broxtead Estate in Suffolk, one of three barns surrounded by a communal lawn, grassland and woodland. Interiors are stylish and contemporary with exposed vaulted beamed ceilings, comfortable sitting room and a free-standing bath. Guests have use of the Suffolk barns with table tennis area and bike storage. This beautiful barn is set in 3,000 acres of meadows, forests and ancient heathand, an area rarely visited by the public so you can ramble to your heart's content. Much of the estate (around 2,000 acres) is managed for the rare heathland flora and fauna, and the Suffolk Wildlife Trust has reintroduced sheep to the heathland to maintain the perfect breeding ground for rare birds such as nightjar and woodlark. Look out for the silver studded blue butterfly, and if you’re lucky you may even hear the nightingales sing.
A rare and fascinating landscape for birdwatchers and naturalists. Just a couple of miles from the Deben estuary and Sutton Hoo, close to the coast.
Pub 15 minute walk, shops in Woodbridge 7 miles, Orford 12 miles, Aldeburgh 23 miles. Close to the coast.
Why we love this property… an amazing couple’s bolthole in an awesome location! Perfect for nature lovers and walkers.
- Living area: sofa, armchairs, flat screen Smart TV, DVD and freeview & Radio. French doors from the sitting room lead out to terrace with table and chairs.
- Dining area: dining table and four chairs.
- Kitchen: fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine/tumble dryer, dishwasher, electric hob and built in oven.
- Bedroom: king sized double bed, bedside cabinets, large wardrobe and dressing table, a chest of drawers and two Lloyd Loom chairs. Door to small balcony.
- Bathroom: roll top bath with hand held shower, wash hand basin, WC.
- Outside: patio with table and chairs. Communal gardens and access to extensive 2000 acre estate with table tennis. Bicycles can be stored in the open cart lodge close to the barn.
- Parking: large gravel parking area close to the barn.
- Minimum hire: 3 nights. High season minimum stay 1 week.
- Pets: sorry, no pets.
- Heating: central heating throughout, underfloor heating on the ground floor and radiators on the first floor.
- Notes: WiFi, linen and towels provided, please bring your own beach towels. Travel cot available, please bring cot bedding. No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Pub 0.8 miles
- Shop 5.8 miles
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Beautiful property amid trees and farmland. The furnishings are tasteful and comfortable and the heating efficient. The skylight in the bedroom meant early mornings for me, but that suits me fine. Saw a variety of wildlife from the patio, including hares.