- £574 per week
- £82 per night
- 2 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
A romantic couple’s bolthole, perfect for a Suffolk seaside holiday, just a short drive to Woodbridge with its pubs, cafes and shops.
Daphne Cottage dates back to Victorian times, a Grade 2 listed property, perfect for a couple or friends planning a Suffolk seaside holiday. Coastal style interiors are stylish and beautifully presented throughout; the comfortable sitting room is warm and welcoming whatever the weather with a wood burning stove for the cooler months. The kitchen is very well equipped with underfloor heating, Belfast sink and everything you need for your self-catering holiday in Suffolk.
Orford has something for everyone; sailors, walkers, fishermen, cyclists, bird watchers, music and art lovers, those with an interest in history, fine food, and a penchant for beautiful surroundings. The church hosts many excellent concerts and Snape Maltings, home of the Aldeburgh Music festival, just a 15 minute drive from the cottage. So, if you’re looking for some me time, somewhere to ponder and relax, perhaps to write, paint or sketch this is the place… comfortable and hassle free, where you dine out on local produce and visit historical sites, all within walking distance.
Beach on the doorstep. Village shop. Snape 5.5 miles, Aldeburgh 12 miles, Woodbridge 12 miles, Southwold 26 miles. Framlingham 13 miles
Why we love this property… relax in the garden with a coffee or a glass of wine and just chill. A stunning location with great dining and coastal walks on the doorstep.
- Sitting room: wood burning stove, sofa, easy chair, coffee table, large HD TV with DVD and freeview, iPod dock, games and books.
- Kitchen: dining table and chairs, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge with freezer compartment, electric oven and induction hob, microwave. Oak flooring, underfloor heating.
- Bathroom: bath and overhead shower, wash hand basin, WC, underfloor heating.
- Bedroom 1: brass king size bed, bedside cabinets and lamps, hanging hooks and large chest of drawers.
- Bedroom 2: antique double bed with bedside table and lamp, wall hooks and hangers.
- Outside: front gated cottage garden area with Chelsea wrought iron bench. Rear small gated decked patio garden with pots and table and chairs, wall mounted bike stand. Further communal grassed garden which is shared by the immediate neighbours
- Parking: parking on the road.
- Sleeps: 4 in 2 bedrooms.
- Pets: sorry, no pets.
- Heating: underfloor heating in kitchen and bathroom, wood burning stove, electric heaters.
- Notes: WiFi, limited broadband /WiFi service is provided. Internet reception can be patchy and the connection provided should NOT be relied on for work use and is unsuitable for games or downloading of films. Please bring connection cables to attach your laptop to the router. Excessive use of the internet will be charged at cost. Linen and towels provided, please bring your own beach towels. No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am. Please note this property is not suitable for children or babies
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 1 double bed
- Washing machine
- Towels provided
How far to ...?
- Pub 0.1 miles
- Shop 0.1 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 7:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
This was a beautiful and stylish cottage. The local area was delightful and unspoiled with exceptional restaurants and local produce.
The cottage and region were a delight.