- £695 per week
- £99 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Pet
A charming self-catering cottage in a rural spot near Diss. The ultimate family holiday home with garden and parking, close to the Norfolk Broads.
The Cottage is great… completely refurbished to offer stylish contemporary interiors on the Suffolk/Norfolk border. Accommodation is over two floors with three bedrooms and spacious reception rooms for sociable living, perfect for a celebration with family or friends. The sitting room has exposed wooden beams, soft seating and a cosy wood burning stove, a relaxing retreat during the cooler months. In contrast, the garden room is perfect on warm summer days, with doors out onto the patio for alfresco living. Children will love the ‘den’, furnished with bean bags and sofa, a place of their own to chill out and watch TV or play games…(there’s Netflix too if you have an account!).
This dog friendly holiday home ticks all the boxes for style and location - get out and about and explore this beautiful area… walk (or drive) into Diss, around 2.5 miles, home to independent shops, cafes and restaurants and well worth a visit. Don’t miss the Mere and gardens - very picturesque. There’s a train station in Diss with connections to London and a good option for visiting Norwich, (20 minutes) a shoppers paradise! Children will love Banham Zoo and the Bressingham Steam Museum and Gardens are also worth a visit. Take a stroll along Thornham Walks with its buggy friendly paths… dogs on leads are welcome too!.
The Cottage within easy reach of Yaxley Hall and Abbey Hall, perfect for accommodating wedding guests.
Coast at Southwold 27 miles, Diss 2.5 miles, Bungay and the Broads 16 miles, Norwich 21 miles, Bury St Edmunds 24 miles.
Why we love this property… a tardis like cottage in the countryside, a luxurious dog friendly bolthole with Diss on the doorstep and an awesome kid’s den!
- Entrance hall: coat hooks and boot storage.
- Sitting room: two sofas, coffee table, Smart TV showing Freeview, speaker with AUX point, wood-burning stove, telephone for emergency calls.
- Kitchen/diner: electric oven and 4 ring hob, large fridge/freezer, microwave, dresser, table with seating for 8. Stable door to garden.
- Shower room: corner shower unit with rain and power shower head, wash hand basin, WC, washing machine.
- Large conservatory/garden room: open, decorative bookcase, 2 sofas, door to the fenced outdoor patio dining area.
- Playroom/teenage den: 2 beanbags, sofa, armchair, bookcase, large Smart TV with DVD and access to Netflix if you have your own Netflix account.
Stairs from the playroom lead to the first floor with fixed stair-gate at the top.
- Landing: wardrobe and chests.
- Master bedroom: double bed, bedside drawer units and lamps, dressing table, wardrobe, free-standing drawer unit.
- Bedroom 2: twin beds, small bedside drawer unit, bedside lamp, chest, clothes rail.
- Bedroom 3: double bed, bedside drawer units, lamps, free-standing drawer unit.
- Bathroom: roll-top, claw foot bath and hand held shower, wash hand basin, WC.
- Outside: cottage garden with path to drive. Good size rear garden with lawn and patio, and dining furniture. Shed for bike storage.
- Parking: off-street parking for 2 cars.
- Sleeps: 6 in 3 bedrooms.
- Pets: 1 dog welcome.
- Heating: central heating included. Wood provided for fire.
- Notes: WiFi, bed linen and towels provided, please bring your own beach towels. Stair gate at the top of the stairs, travel cot, high chair, baby bath and children's crockery provided. Hairdryers in all bedrooms. No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am
Beds & bedrooms
- 2 double beds
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Beach 27.7 miles
- Pub 2.5 miles
- Shop 2.5 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 5:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
Excellent cottage and very comfortable.