- £501 per week
- £72 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Pets
A beautifully presented dog friendly Suffolk holiday home set in landscaped gardens on the banks of the river Deben.
The perfect romantic escape… this one bedroom cottage is a great option for a couple and their dogs. Interiors are contemporary and Scandi style with a central wood burning stove at the heart of the home, a great place to kick off your shoes and relax whatever the weather. Constructed of oak and glass with wide French doors and windows to one side, Akenfield has plenty of outside space with a lovely cottage garden extending to one third of an acre. Lawns lead down to the banks of the River Deben, home to otters, perch, kingfisher and owls. Why not borrow a rod from the owner and try your hand at fishing during your stay. The gardens are perfect for alfresco dining too, a peaceful spot to fire up the barbeque and enjoy the peace and tranquility of the Suffolk countryside.
This area is excellent for walking, cycling and exploring the local villages. Visit Framlingham with its impressive Castle, individual shops and bistros, and historical Woodbridge with its galleries, boutiques and excellent restaurants. Head to the Suffolk Heritage Coast, just a short drive away with great coastal walks and towns to explore along the way from Orford and Aldeburgh to Dunwich and Southwold.
Woodbridge 9.5 miles, Framlingham 4.5 miles, Snape 11 miles, Aldeburgh 15 miles, Orford 13 miles, Lavenham 29 miles
Why we love this property… a couple’s retreat with a cosy wood burning stove and fabulous gardens… you’ll want to stay forever!
All accommodation is on the ground floor
- Open plan living area: gas oven with grill and hob, fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine, microwave, dining bar with stools. Oak dining table and 4 chairs. Two sofas, a classic 'poang' chair, iPod dock, Swedish wood burning stove, Freeview TV DVD/TV/radio combi. Glass wall with French doors onto terrace with seating.
- Bedroom: king size bed, wardrobe, drawer unit, TV, armchair, bedside tables.
- Shower wet room: shower, wash hand basin, WC.
- Outside: wraparound landscaped gardens, wooden armchairs, wooden picnic bench, table and 4 chairs. Wooden deck area with seating on riverbank with rowing boat for guests to use (at their own risk). Lockable storage facility for bicycles (please state at booking if you would like to use this facility).
- Parking: private gated driveway with space for one car.
- Sleeps: 2 in 1 bedroom.
- Pets: 2 dogs welcome. Towels, dog bowls, poo bags and treats provided.
- Heating: the property is newly constructed and very well insulated. Wood burning stove with log supply.
- Notes: WiFi, bed linen and towels are included. Travel cot is available for small babies, please bring cot bedding, (property is not really suitable for crawling babies or toddlers). No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- Washing machine
- Towels provided
- Wet room
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Pub 1.2 miles
- Shop 3 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Wet room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
The weather during our stay was not ideal. However we were warm, snug and very comfortable in our accommodation. Everything we needed was there and everything worked perfectly. The best thing was the view from the cottage, sitting by the river and taking short trips on the little rowing boat. It really was a little bit of paradise. We saw lots of wildlife. Lovely and quiet with charming owners who live in the cottage next door. Would love to return again.
Lovely cottage & lovely hosts. Had a fantastic time watching the kingfisher nest on the river. Really comfortable & lots of nice places to visit within easy driving distance.
An immaculate home. Very comfortable with breathtaking scenery with wild and garden flowers. The trip down to the Mill was an adventure and the many kingfishers were a delight to put it mildly. Thank you so much.
Couldn't fault it. A beautifully situated, extremely warm, cosy and comfortable home from home, with wonderfully landscaped gardens down to the river. Must be wonderful in the summer - the winter was pretty enough. Excellent views and skies, birds and their sweet song all around us.