- £712 per week
- £102 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
A postcard perfect holiday cottage with beautiful interiors, charming gardens and views over Kersey, the prettiest village in Suffolk!
Described in The Observer as a 'quintessentially English' Thatched Cottage. And The Times wax lyrical about the location… "Suffolk has dozens of beautiful villages, but none matches Kersey for sheer eye-catching perfection." There are so many accolades for this charming holiday cottage and village but why not come and see for yourself… Dating back to the Tudor times, Priory Holme oozes character with beamed ceilings, large inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove and broad wooden oak floorboards on the first floor. Accommodation is cottage style with pretty furnishings throughout. The three bedroom accommodation has the benefit of two bathrooms and plenty of living space for six guests. The traditional well equipped kitchen is well set up for your self catering holiday and the sitting room has comfortable seating for all, complete with well stocked bookshelves… perfect for curling up with your favourite read in front of the stove. Outside there’s a charming cottage garden for relaxing, an orchard and a pretty lilly clad pond.
Considered one of Britain's 10 best villages, Kersey is a quintessential medieval village. In the heart of the Suffolk countryside. Take a stroll up the road to The Bell for a pint or dinner and simply relax… the views are pretty awesome too!
Hadleigh 2.5 miles, Lavenham 8 miles, Flatford Mill 10 miles, Long Melford 13 miles, Sudbury 10 miles
Why we love this property… traditional Suffolk holiday cottage in one of the prettiest villages around. Simply relax and enjoy! Perfect for a family holiday.
- Sitting room: large inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove. Sofa, armchairs, flat screen TV with Freeview, DVD.
- Dining room: large table and eight chairs.
- Kitchen: freestanding antique dresser and corner cupboard, electric cooker, fridge, freezer, washer-dryer, microwave.
- Bathroom: bath with overhead shower, wash hand basin, WC.
- Sitting room: double sofa bed and bookshelves. (Please request use as a bedroom when booking.)
- Shower room: shower, wash hand basin, WC.
A staircase leads from the dining area to the first floor
- Bedroom 1: double bed, bedside tables, hanging cupboard, chest of drawers, small dressing table and Victorian fireplace (no longer in use).
- Ensuite washroom: wash hand basin, WC.
- Bedroom 2: twin beds, bedside table, lamps, chest of drawers, clothes hanging cupboard. Chest of toys and games.
- Outside: steps up to gate, walled cottage garden. Rear terrace with dining table and chairs. Landscaped gardens with bench-seating areas for different seasons and times of day. There is a small covered fishpond and an orchard with views of the magnificent countryside around Kersey. Enclose and fenced all around.
- Parking: parking/unloading is available in the Street. Alternatively guests can use the car park behind the nearby Bell Inn, free of charge, by prior arrangement with the Landlords.
- Sleeps: 6 in 2 bedrooms (two on sofa bed).
- Pets: sorry, no dogs.
- Heating: oil central heating throughout. Logs are available for the log burning stove.
- Notes: WiFi, linen and towels provided, please bring your own beach towels. Travel cot and high chair can be made available at the property. Please bring your own bedding for the cot. The cottage has a phone for incoming and emergency calls. No smoking
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 double bed
- 4 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
How far to ...?
- Pub 0.1 miles
- Shop 2.6 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.
A beautiful period property that wears its age well.
A period property that typifies Kersey and it's heritage. We stayed in December it would be glorious in summer.