Attractions & Experiences Back to Holiday Extras
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Terms and conditions
- The Original Cottage Company Ltd (TOCC) acts as an agent in relation to the provision of ‘Holiday Extra’ products and services from third party suppliers.
- The contract of sale for this ‘Holiday Extra’ product/service is between you and the third party supplier, Discover Newmarket, and their terms and conditions apply.
- Cancellation of ‘Holiday Extra’ products/services will be covered by the terms and conditions of the third party supplier. TOCC’s holiday cancellation scheme does not cover the cost of ‘Holiday Extra’ products/services.
- TOCC is not responsible for any acts or failure to act of third party suppliers, nor for any loss, damage or injury in relation to the products/services that they provide.
- TOCC ‘Holiday Extras’ products/services are subject to availability.
- Information about TOCC ‘Holiday Extra’ products/services is, to the best of our knowledge and belief, accurate at the time of publication on our website.
- Your contact and holiday details will be passed to the third party supplier so that they can provide the requested product/service.
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Discover Newmarket, positioned as the town’s official Tour Guide, offering a host of unique experiences for young and old alike.
Find out more about three of the most popular tours from our guide below:
The National Stud Tour
The National Stud Tour takes visitors behind the scenes to explore the beautiful 500-acre property - the only commercial stud farm in the UK open to the public - and learn more about the history and purpose of the site.
Depending on the time of year you might find yourself left in awe at the presence of the stallions, or the mares and foals in the paddocks may just tug at the heart strings as they come over to say hi.
There’s also the Wavertree’s Coffee Shop on-site serving up delicious homemade cakes and their new menu is sure to get mouths watering. The perfect place to sit and relax with a cup of tea after taking in the sights around The National Stud.
Tickets for The National Stud Tours start at just £11 per person and pre-booking is highly recommended. There are also Family Tickets available during the school holidays and cost just £30 for a family of four (two adults and two children).
The National Heritage Centre for Horseracing and Sporting Art at Palace House - day admission
Newmarket was renowned as a playground for royalty and it was thanks to King Charles II’s love affair with the area that the town has been able to cement its status as the Home of Horseracing.
Dive into the history of Newmarket with a visit to the National Heritage Centre for Horseracing and Sporting Art at Palace House. A visit here is means an opportunity to explore a vast collection of artwork and collections of sporting memorabilia.
Spend time with the horses in the Rothschild Yard where the Retraining of Racehorses charity offers the opportunity to see horses thriving in their careers after racing with the opportunity to meet some well-known names of the turf. Demonstrations take place daily in the Sir Peter O’ Sullevan Arena at 11.30am and 2pm.
Get a taste of what it’s like to ride as a jockey with a go on the simulator or simply work your way through a host of interesting exhibits. The museum also hosts a number of pop-up activities for children throughout the year which makes this a great family day out.
Tickets for the National Heritage Centre for Horseracing and Sporting Art at Palace House start from just £6.
Thoroughbred Breakfast Tour
This is your chance to go behind the scenes and get a glimpse into life in a racing yard. The Thoroughbred Breakfast Tours are a chance to get closer to the action. Start your day by watching hundreds of thoroughbreds go about their morning work before visiting a local trainer’s yard to see the work that goes on away from the racecourse.
The tour includes a stopover at the Wavertree’s Coffee Shop on the grounds at The National Stud for breakfast before our experienced guides take you out to explore the premises on a one-hour tour. View the facilities offered at The National Stud and depending on the time of the year you may see mares and foals in the paddocks, gaze upon the impressive stallions and learn more about the inner workings of a venue officially opened by Her Majesty the Queen in 1967.
The Thoroughbred Breakfast Tour is available on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday throughout the year and tickets cost £65 per person. Private tours can also be arranged.
How to redeem this offer
Just add to your booking to submit a no-obligation enquiry.
Discover Newmarket will contact you directly with further information. If you decide to go ahead, they will agree the details of your booking and organise payment.
Holiday Extra provided by