- £455 per week
- £65 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Pets
A charming single storey, hill top cottage with delightful far reaching views over a rural landscape little changed in years.
WOODBRIDGE 4 miles, FRAMLINGHAM 13 miles, SNAPE 15 miles, ORFORD 14.5 miles, ALDEBURGH 19 miles, LAVENHAM 27.5 miles, BURY ST EDMUNDS 31.5 miles
The Property: Gardener's Cottage has been fully refurbished for letting over the last couple of years. A charming little cottage, its bedroom has long views over the surrounding countryside. There is a spacious en suite bathroom with bath and overhead shower. The kitchen is well equipped and again there are lovely views from both windows. The sitting room is quite spacious and really relaxing; there is a good selection of local interest books, novels and local maps and guides. With central heating throughout and a lovely log burning stove, the cottage will be really cosy at any time of year.
Due to the age of the property doorway heights are limited, so be prepared to duck if you are tall.
The Grounds: Gardeners Cottage sits in a lovely garden, rich in trees, plants and birdlife. Over 30 bird species have been seen in and from the garden, including woodpeckers (both great spotted and green), owls (barn and tawnies), birds of prey (buzzards, kestrel and sparrow hawks), as well as less usual species like yellowhammers, cuckoos, treecreepers, pied and grey wagtails, jays and wrens.
Deer and hares can often be seen out of the rear cottage windows, and there is the occasional hedgehog visitor. Great Bealings Parish itself is a haven for wildlife, in spite of its proximity to Woodbridge and Ipswich, and is the subject of a pioneering environment-based Neighbourhood Plan under the strapline of 'A Village in a Landscape'. 77 bird species have been recorded here - all seen within 20 minutes walk from Gardener's Cottage. If you are lucky, kingfishers, little egrets and green sandpiper, as well as otters, can be found by the local Lark and Fynn rivers and adjacent water meadows and woodlands.
A sloping cottage garden leads down to a charming little seating area with stone seating and BBQ. Beyond the gated garden is an open area of lawn with mature trees, peppered with bulbs and woodland planting.
Gardener's Cottage is at the top of a hill. The site of an old windmill, it is believed that Gardener's Cottage may have been used by the miller or his workers. The position is perfect and the views over the surrounding countryside towards St Mary's Church, Great Bealings are truly panoramic.
Sleeps 2: In one king sized bed. The sofa can be made up as a sofa bed if required.
This property is ideal for: A couple with or without a dog, wanting a cottage with a really rural feel.
Gardener's Cottage is on the edge of the village of Great Bealings and there are houses nearby but it is not directly overlooked. There is room for a baby, and a cot and high chair are provided.
Minimum hire: Three nights; except in high season when it is a week. Friday changeover in High Season.
Pets: Two well behaved dogs welcome.
Eating Out: The nearest country pub, The Turks Head, is in the village of Hasketon just a couple of miles away. You might also like to pop over to Grundisburgh; The Grundisburgh Dog serves great food and welcomes dogs or The Tuddenham Fountain, located in the lovely village of Tuddenham St Martin.
Self Catering: There is a wide choice of excellent food providers in the locality. Click here for a selection.
Activities: Your holiday will not be complete without time in Woodbridge itself. There is a cinema, sailing club, model boat lake, tennis courts, swimming pool and canoe and rowing club as well as some really excellent restaurants and traditional pubs. Also make sure to visit Seckford Hall, just a mile from Gardener's Cottage with a golf course, spa and fine dining restaurant.
Top Tip - Allow yourself time for a walk around the historic centre of Woodbridge and along the river bank to Kyson Point - a real treat.
For lots of information on the area please look at our own online guides Visit Woodbridgeand Visit Framlingham
All the accommodation is on the ground floor
- The front door opens into the hall with hooks for coats etc, room for boots and shoes. There is a cupboard for the vacuum etc at the end of the hall.
- A door leads from the hall into the sitting room with sofa and armchair, coffee table, standard lamp and lights, a log burning stove and flat screen TV showing Freeview with DVD. There is an iPod dock. An antique linen chest sits in one corner and there are windows overlooking the garden and the open fields behind the cottage.
- The kitchen/dining room is very well equipped with a table and chairs, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge/freezer, electric hob and oven and microwave.
- The bedroom has a king sized bed, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, wardrobe and chair.
- A door leads from the bedroom to the en suite bathroom which includes a bath and overhead shower, heated towel rail, wash basin and w.c.
- From the parking area it is just a few steps to the garden gate. Fenced and gated, the cottage garden has a charming bricked seating area, where there is a stone seat (cushions provided) and director's chair, charcoal barbecue and garden table. Gentle brick steps lead past cottage planting to the front door.
- To the right of the garden a sloping path leads round to the front door (for those who don't like steps)
- The cottage backs on to open fields and there is a large open lawned area beyond the kitchen garden available to holidaymakers
- A myriad of country paths surround Gardeners Cottage which can be accessed without walking along the road.
- There is plenty of outside space for bikes
- Central heating throughout. Logs is provided for the log burning stove.
- Non-allergic duvets and pillows, bed linen and towels provided. Please bring your own beach towels. If using the travel cot, please provide your own bedding for it.
- Unlimited Wifi provided.
- Private parking in the drive
- In consideration of other holidaymakers please do not smoke in the house
- Other equipment provided includes: an iron and ironing board, hairdryer and hoover.
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- Washing machine
- 1 bathroom
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Pub 3.1 miles
- Shop 3.1 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Delighted to stay in such an appealing property. Carefully thought out, cosy, perfectly equipped without fuss, practical maps and guides aplenty, an efficient fire and besutiful views outback with beautiful mature trees out front. Gorgeous.
Was a lovely cottage just what my husband and I wanted very peaceful and relaxing Wonderful holiday just what was needed
What a wonderful week we have had, just what the doctor ordered. A gorgeous cottage to recuperate in. Such a relaxing place and so tastefully decorated. Beautiful flowers to greet us. As well as us, Stanley, our puppy has had the best holiday ever. What amazing walks we have had, just love it here. Thank you, We hope to come back. Paul, Jane & 1-year-old Stanley. East Sussex
A five-star stay in a five-star cottage. Zoe & James youre the perfect hosts. Than you.
A lovely quiet cottage. Just what we needed. Thank you. John & Pat. Essex
Quite, comfortable cottage with lots of little extras. Thank you for the flowers & milk, much appreciated. Ann & Ray. Norfolk
Thank you for a very peaceful four days. Apart from the Great Spotted Woodpecker who seemed to follow me around :) Alan, Tess & Rusty
Lovely peaceful cottage and very well equipped. we loved the soft water, such a change from our own. The weather has been sunny all week and perfect for some wonderful walks with our German Shepherd. Thank you. Andrew, Jane & Reeba
A lovely cosy country retreat. We enjoyed the peaceful surroundings and what a fantastic garden. Thank you for your welcome, we felt very relaxed there. Ron & Glen Waven
A lovely little cottage, tastefully decorated. Peaceful yet close enough to drive around Suffolk to explore area!
This is a delightful and comfortable cottage and I would highly recommend it. The owners are very kind and accommodating. It was a perfect spot for my sister and I to be together.
The cottage is lovely & is centrally located for lovely parts of the Suffolk coast.
Lovely little cottage in a very peaceful area we would love to come back one day .