Top Tips for Christmas Bookings
Do you have bookings at your property over the Christmas period? Christmas week is a special week in many of our calendars and guests will be looking forward to a relaxing week away, so why not make it extra special for them?
We have put together top tips for you to make sure your property is not just ready for the festivities but ensure your guests will have all they need to for this ‘most wonderful time of the year’.
1. Ask your housekeeper to set your heating to come on for that little bit longer.
- Guests will likely be spending more time in the property than usual so not needing to adjust the heating will help them relax and make the most their Christmas holiday.
2. Ensure you have a roasting tray in the property big enough for a turkey!
- This is a common query from guests looking to book Christmas week and will prevent the Christmas day call asking for a bigger tray.
3.Check your property folder to make sure the oven instructions are up to date .
- This is the time of the year when it is almost a guarantee that the oven will be used to its maximum; ask the housekeeper to make sure all elements are working and instructions are clear and readily available.
4.Check your kitchen inventory.
- Breakages are inevitable throughout the year so make sure your inventory is all complete and there are plenty of plates, glasses, cutlery and servers.
5.Is there enough wood for the woodburner?
- We ask that all properties provide a starter pack of kindling and wood as standard with notes in the property folder about where more can be purchased. As shops may not all be open and places may run out of logs, it’s a lovely touch to provide extra during Christmas so guests can stay cosy and warm.
6.Put up those festive trimmings
- Guests often ask us if the property they are enquiring about will be decorated for Christmas. Make their faces light up as they walk into a festive wonderland with a decorated tree, twinkling fairy lights and evergreen garlands. If your property is managed by Suffolk Cottage Care, ask them about supplying Christmas decorations if you don’t have any available.
7.'tis the season of giving so why not supply a Christmas welcome pack?
- A wonderful touch which will add to the guests’ overall enjoyment of their stay at your property. How about a locally made Christmas pudding, Christmas crackers and mulled wine spice mix? Add to your standard welcome pack contents which can all be organised with your housekeeper.