February Half Term Fun
Published: Thursday 26th Jan 2017
February half term is just around the corner so it’s a great time to start planning your Suffolk holiday whether you're bringing along the kids or fancy a getaway for two!
Suffolk is a great county to explore with our coastal towns, historic villages and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty there’s simply something for everyone!
Discover our top 5 February half term activities below.
1) Knights and Princesses at Framlingham CastleThere’s been lots of talk of Framlingham Castle recently having been named as the inspiration behind musician Ed Sheeran’s ‘Castle on The Hill’. During the holidays the castle opens its doors between 11am and 3pm for the kids to enjoy dressing up as a knight or princess for the day and shown skills in heroic chivalry and eloquent etiquette.
2) Snowdrops and Spring Bulbs at Kentwell HallThe picturesque Kentwell Hall opens its gardens and farm where a gorgeous spread of snowdrops and spring bulbs are readily available to view. Follow the trail and enjoy afternoon tea and refreshments at the tearoom.
3) Half Term Trail at Landguard FortDiscover the rich military and maritime heritage of Landguard Fort, one of England's best preserved coastal defences this February half term. Join in on the quiz trail around the site and learn about its rich history.
4) Punch & Judy Show at Southwold PierSouthwold’s famous duo return to the Pier for February half term – highly entertaining for all ages! Why not top it off with some fish and chips from the Beach Café?
5) Live Music & Afternoon Tea at The Westleton CrownThis delightful countryside pub will be featuring live local music and a delicious afternoon tea spread on Thursday 16th – the perfect combo in front of the roaring fire! Pre-booking is required.
Many more Suffolk events this February half term can be found on our events calendar.
If you’re thinking of escaping to Suffolk this February half term why not give our friendly team a call on 01502 722717 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any recommended places to stay or things to do – we’re all local people with great knowledge of the local area. We also have some fantastic cottage special offers over the February half term, some of which we’ve listed below. If you’re planning a trip to Suffolk its well-worth checking out our amazing offers here.
Trinity House, Aldeburgh – Sleeps 8 now with 15% discount!Caraway Cottage, Southwold –Sleeps 5 now with 25% discount!Gorse Cottage, Walberswick – Sleeps 4 now with 15% discount!Starlings, Yoxford – Sleeps 7 now with 10% discount!