Guy Fawkes Quiz. Remember, Remember...
Published: Tuesday 4th Nov 2014
Written by: georgerdp
In November of each year, the anniversary of the failed Gunpowder Plot of 1605 is celebrated with Guy Fawkes / Bonfire Nights across the UK.
It is named after one of the key conspirators, who was caught red-handed with barrels of gunpowder in a failed plot to blow up King James I, the House of Commons and the House of Lords during the ceremonial opening of Parliament.
So to celebrate Bonfire and Firework nights across Suffolk this weekend, we have compiled a quick Guy Fawkes quiz for our customers:-
- What were the names of the five key conspirators in the Gunpowder Plot of 1605?
- In the poem “Remember, remember the fifth of November”, what was “laid below”?
- What name was Guy Fawkes also known as?
- In which pub and on what date did the five key conspirators of the failed Gunpowder Plot first meet?
- On what date was Guy Fawkes tried for high treason?
(Answers at bottom of page).
Guy Fawkes Quiz - Answers
- Guy Fawkes, Thomas Winter, Robert Catesby, Thomas Percy and John Wright
- Three score barrels.
- Guido Fawkes
- The Duck and Drake, 20th May 1604
- 27 January 1606