Halesworth Arts Festival 2014
Published: Tuesday 7th Oct 2014
Written by: georgerdp
The Halesworth Arts Festival takes place at The Cut Arts Centre in Halesworth, St Mary's Church, Halesworth and the stunningly beautiful Holy Trinity Church in Blythburgh, from 11th to 26th October 2014.
Now in its 13th year, this popular Suffolk festival features an eclectic programme including Georgie Fame & Sons, the Syd Lawrence Orchestra, Carducci String Quartet and Sarah Fox with “The Cole Porter Songbook”.
Other highlights include “Eric and Little Ern” - an homage to legendary funny men Morecombe and Wise, “The Man Jesus” - a play by Matthew Hurt featuring Simon Callow, and a silent movie night featuring Harold Lloyd and a collection of shorts by Charlie Chaplin.
For wildlife lovers, the Halesworth Arts Festival will also include a talk by Richard Crossley from the Suffolk Ornithologists’ Group and a “Weird Creatures” talk by BBC’s Nick Baker - presenter of Springwatch Unsprung.
It will also include a fabulous print and textiles exhibition by members of the Suffolk Craft Society.
For more information on the festival programme see below:-
- Saturday, 11 October 2014 The Armed Man, Festival Voices
- Sunday, 12 October 2014 Seraphim (Holy Trinity Church in Blythburgh)
- Sunday, 12 October 2014 Martin Carthy & Dave Swarbrick
- Monday, 13 October 2014 Telling Tales, Patience Agbabi
- Tuesday, 14 October 2014 Carducci String Quartet
- Wednesday, 15 October 2014 The Cole Porter Songbook, Sarah Fox
- Thursday, 16 October 2014 The Man Jesus, Simon Callow
- Friday, 17 October 2014 Tasmin Waley-Cohen, Violin Concerto
- Saturday, 18 October 2014 Eric & Little Ern
- Sunday, 19 October 2014 Mitch Benn is the 37th Beatle
- Monday, 20 October 2014 An evening with Richard Crossley
- Tuesday, 21 October 2014 Benjamin Grosvenor, Piano
- Wednesday, 22 October 2014 Silent Movie Night - Harold Lloyd & Charli Chaplin Shorts
- Thursday, 23 October 2014 Georgie Fame & Sons
- Friday, 24 October 2014 Weird Creatures, Nick Baker from BBC's Springwatch Unsprung
- Saturday, 25 October 2014 A Day's Work, Mick Ryan and Co
- Sunday, 26 October 2014 Tunes of Glory, Syd Lawrence Orchestra
Suffolk Secrets has a range of self-catering accommodation nearby at Blythburgh, Southwold and Westleton. If you would like further assistance in booking a holiday cottage, don’t hesitate to call us on tel: 01502 722717.