- £521 per week
- £74 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- No Pets
Within just a few miles of Aldeburgh and the Suffolk coast. A delightful and well equipped self-catering holiday property ideal for couples, with the fun of having your own hot tub.
SNAPE 2.5 miles (4 km), ALDEBURGH 5 miles (8.5 km), THORPENESS 6.5 miles (10.5 km)
Style: A superb single-storey barn conversion. Completed in 2010, the conversion makes full use of the lovely beams and studwork of the original stables.
Setting: A beautifully converted traditional Suffolk barn in the heart of the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Guests can enjoy their own patio area with hot tub, table and chairs. A large garden and grounds are shared with two other cottages, as well as a games room. The cottage is also close to the coast, which can be reached half a mile up a private track.
Grounds: A pleasant paved terrace complete with lovely hot tub, garden table and chairs can be reached through French windows from the sitting room. Beyond is a lawned garden (shared with Christmas Cottage and Reindeer Cottage). The three barns share use of a large games room and open lawned play area - great for ball games. The properties are on a working farm (arable and forestry) so care should be taken with children, who should not be allowed near farm machinery, and there are reindeer in stables near the property. Plenty of parking.
All accommodation is on the ground floor.
- A slope with hand rail leads to the front door
- Entrance hall with brick floor leads to the living room
- The living room is open plan with dining table and four chairs, sofa and log burning stove, TV and DVD
- There is a kitchen area with electric cooker with double oven and ceramic hob, fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine, dishwasher, microwave and toaster, stainless steel sink and drainer
- French doors from the sitting room lead to the terrace
- The bathroom is adapted for wheelchair access and includes a wet room shower with chair and hand rails, a bath, w.c. with rail to help wheelchair users, wash basin
- The ground floor bedroom has two full sized single Hypnos beds (These can be zipped together to create a Super King by request, at the time of booking), bedside cabinet with light, wardrobe with full length hanging space and drawers, chair
- Wi-fi service is provided.
- French doors open from the sitting room directly on to a paved terrace with hot tub, garden table and chairs, and parasol
- There is a large communal garden beyond, mainly laid to lawn with mature trees and shrubs
- Stable Cottage is one of three converted barns (Christmas Cottage and Reindeer Cottage) at Red House Barns. They share use of a large games room, with accessibility for wheelchair users
- For those with disabled passengers, cars may stop directly outside the cottage, with car parking just a few metres from the cottage
- Own outdoor hot tub
- Outside the games room is a covered area with storage room for bikes, boots and outdoor wear
- There is a large shower room with corner shower, w.c. (with adaptation for the disabled and wheel chair users) and wash basin
- Tumble dryer and travel cot
- The games room itself includes table tennis table and table football
- There is a table seating at least ten people which can be used by those booking the three cottages (Stable Cottage, Reindeer Cottage and Christmas Cottage) together (sleeps 10
Ideal for: An outdoor loving couple, walkers, music lovers (Snape Maltings Concert Hall, home of the Snape Proms and the Aldeburgh Festival, is just a few miles from the cottage). Stable Cottage can be booked in combination with Christmas Cottage and/or Reindeer Cottage, which together provide self-catering accommodation for up to 10 people (plus babies). A great choice for a multi-generational family - everyone has the benefit of their own front door whilst sharing communal space. There is a dining table seating 10 in the games room for when the whole family want to eat together.
Eating and Drinking: Family groups taking all three properties - Stable Cottage, Christmas Cottage and Reindeer Cottage (collectively known as Red House Barns) - can enjoy family meals in the large games room (centrally heated), where there is a dining table and seating for 10+.
Close to Aldeburgh, Snape and Orford there are excellent restaurants and pubs. Aldeburgh boasts The Lighthouse, Regatta, the Brudenell, White Lion, and the Wentworth - all of which have an excellent menu. The fish and chip shops - both owned by the same people - are world famous, although there tend to be healthy queues in summer. There are also several good pubs in Aldeburgh as well as shops selling Suffolk's excellent range of local produce - look out for fresh fish from the fishermen's huts on the beach. Saxmundham (just a couple of miles from the cottage) has a Waitrose which now does home deliveries.
Snape Maltings Concert Hall (home of Aldeburgh Productions and a venue for concerts throughout the year) has its own pre-concert restaurant. The village has three excellent pubs; The Golden Key, The Crown Inn and The Plough and Sail, all of which serve really good food.
Children: If visiting as a family, children will love the Red House Barns complex. There is a great games room with table tennis table and table top football, and outside there is plenty of space for ball games. The owners of the farm grow Christmas trees. Just ten minutes drive from the beaches at Aldeburgh and Thorpeness, no holiday will be complete without a row or paddle on the 65 acre Meare (shallow lake).
Packing tips: Beachwear and walking boots, bicycles (dry storage beside the games room). Bring your binoculars - this is a great area for birdwatching with the RSPB Minsmere nature reserve just a 20 minute drive away.
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 single Zip&Link beds (combine for king/super king)
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 1 bathroom
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Wet room
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Pub 2.5 miles
- Shop 2.5 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Games room
- Hot tub
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Wet room