A traditional beamed cottage retaining many original features, Whitewalls has been let through Suffolk Cottage Holidays for more than a decade.
Fully refurbished and considerably extended in 2016/17, the property has lost none of its traditional charm. With the clever use of oak and glazing, the dining room, hall and new kitchen are bathed in light. a third double bedroom, two shower-rooms and a lovely contemporary kitchen have been included. The perfect property for family or friends, Whitewalls is in the Suffolk coastal village of Snape, close to the Alde Estuary and the sea and a very short walk from Snape Maltings Concert Hall.
ALDEBURGH 6 miles (9.5 km), ORFORD 7 miles (11 km), SOUTHWOLD 18 miles (29 km), DUNWICH 17 miles (27 km)
The property: Refurbished throughout, the cottage has been beautifully extended to include several glazed walls which bring loads of additional light into this delightful traditional Suffolk cottage. A brand new bright and sunny fitted kitchen with island unit with breakfast bar; the wall facing the garden now has fully opening bi-fold door opening onto the garden where, in summer, there is a table and chairs directly in front of you.
A tasteful mix of contemporary design and original features, the hall has traditional white brick flooring throughout, whist the sitting room and dining room retain the old malting pamment tiles, once a feature of the maltings house at the Snape Maltings. The dining room retains its original bread oven whilst the sitting room has a new wood burning stove in the old inglenook fireplace.
A new wooden staircase leads straight up to the 1st floor where there are three good sized bedrooms, two of which have the choice of singles / superking beds, the third has twin beds.
The garden has been charmingly landscaped to create discreet seating areas amongst the shrubs and trees and new willow fencing to give privacy within the garden.
- A traditional oak front door opens into the sunny hall where lighting is controlled by movement sensons so no need to worry about finding light switches in the dark. A cupboard with coat hooks and space for shoes and boots.
- Kitchen - the kitchen is divided from the hall by oak framed glazing and a wall of bi fold doors to the garden making the kitchen light and airy. Fitted units and a central island unit with breakfast bar, there is a dresser and floor to ceiling units. Gas cooker, electric oven, washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge freezere, microwave, toaster; there is everything you might need for a comfortable holiday on the Suffolk coast.
- Dining room - there is an extendable French dining table seatingf up to 8, dresser and storage cupboards. The glazing to the hall gives two good light sources to the room making it light and airy
- Sitting room - a new wood burning stove in the large Inglenook fireplace, sofa and armchairs, occasional tables and flat screened smart TV and DVD player, this is a lovely room for all the family
- The ground floor shower room has a good sized shower, wash basin and w.c., towel rail and automatic lighting
- Bedroom 1 - Super king or Twin beds, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, mirror and hanging hooks
- Bedroom 2 - Super king or Twin beds, bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, mirror and hanging hooks
- Bedroom 3 - Two single beds, each with a bedside table and lamp, storage shelves, hanging hooks, bedroom chair and mirror
- The Shower room has a large shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- A good sized cottage garden, newly landscaped with garden furniture and charcoal barbecue
- Parking in drive for one car (two if they are small)
- Electricity, bed linen and towels are provided, please bring your own beach towels
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the cottage
- A wifi service is provided, there is also a phone - please leave money for calls if used
- Air source central heating to the ground floor and for water heating, electric radiators for the first floor
- There is parking for bicycles in the garden shed
Parking: There is parking in the drive for 1 to 2 cars
Please note: There are some areas of low head height in the upstairs bedrooms due to the sloping ceilings, typical of the age of the property.
The Area: In the heart of the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in the centre of the tiny village of Snape, this delightful little beamed cottage makes the perfect base for enjoying the many concerts and activities at the Snape Maltings International Concert Hall. Snape has a lot to offer: a complex of shops, restaurants, galleries at Snape Maltings, three excellent village pubs all serving food, a village shop, fabulous riverside and coastal walks and lots of opportunities for off road cycling near by.
Just ten minutes drive from the pretty seaside town of Aldeburgh, with its golf course, sailing and yacht clubs, gently sloping beach and fine restaurants you can be assured of a really wonderful holiday. And not to forget the famous Fish and Chips, you may have a to queue but they're well worth the wait! Walkers will enjoy the five mile walk - The Sailor's Path - which takes one beside the estuary and across some beautiful heath walks, marshland broad walks and woodland paths to the sea at Aldeburgh.
- Sleeps 6
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets allowed
- No garden/courtyard
- Private parking
- 6 Single zip & link beds
- WiFi available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Travel cot available
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bath towels included
- Bed linen included
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Equipped with a washing machine
We had an excellent holiday and really enjoyed our stay - excellent location and property - it really was a lovely house and we would consider staying again and definitely recommend to others.Miss Sarah Hotchen - 17th June 2018
Very cute cosy cottage with lovely garden and ideal location for site seeing and local pubs.Mrs Jacqueline Butler - 24th April 2018
Lovely short break in Suffolk. House very well equipped (5 star) and cosy. The Golden Key and The Plough and Sail pubs serve excellent food and both dog friendly. There are some nice walks in the area. Perfect break! Nigel, Caroline and Buddy - 16th September 2017
We have been coming here since the millenium - this is the first time since the 2013 floods. The house has been so beautifully re-appointed, transformed - but is just as welcoming and peaceful as it has always been. Lovely comfortable beds and everything thoughtfully provided in every room, kitchen particularly. Many thanks, hope to come again!Beth, Sue and Monty - 8th September 2017
Great base for a fun packed week in Suffolk. Close to all our favourite places. Loved the bi-folding doors which brought the garden into the kitchen. Clean, well equipped and cosy cottage. Perfect for a relaxing week, thank you.Philip Family - 25th August 2017
We really did enjoy our stay.Mrs C Hadlum - 19th July 2017
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tri...
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Private chef to cook your dinner
For a truly relaxing holiday, why not treat yourself to a private chef to cook for you. Bespoke dining experiences courtesy of local chef Emma Crowhurst
Big Sky Yoga Private Yoga Session
Relax into your Suffolk holiday with a private yoga session in the comfort of your holiday cottage or garden from leading yoga instructor Angie Lee-Foster.
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
We are delighted to be able to bring you this exclusive offer from one of the county’s most picturesque golf courses. The 18-hole parkland course is...
Nick Catling Photography 10% Discount on Beach Photography Workshop
Capture beautiful images on film to help keep the memories of your Suffolk cottage holiday alive with this full day photography workshop with Nick Catling.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Aldeburgh Yacht Club 2 Hour Sailing Experience at Aldeburgh Yacht Club
Take to the water with and RYA instructor at Aldeburgh Yacht Club for a private sailing lesson.