- £685 per week
- £98 per night
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
A traditional beamed cottage retaining many original features, Whitewalls has lost none of its traditional charms. With the clever use of oak and glazing, the dining room, hall and new kitchen are bathed in light. three bedrooms, two shower-rooms and a lovely contemporary kitchen have been included. The perfect property for family or friends, Whitewalls is in the Suffolk coastal village of Snape, close to the Alde Estuary and the sea and a very short walk from Snape Maltings Concert Hall.
ALDEBURGH 6 miles (9.5 km), ORFORD 7 miles (11 km), SOUTHWOLD 18 miles (29 km), DUNWICH 17 miles (27 km)
Refurbished throughout, the cottage has been beautifully extended to include several glazed walls which bring loads of additional light into this delightful traditional Suffolk cottage. A brand new bright and sunny fitted kitchen with island unit with breakfast bar; the wall facing the garden now has fully opening bi-fold door opening onto the garden where, in summer, there is a table and chairs directly in front of you.
A tasteful mix of contemporary design and original features, the hall has traditional white brick flooring throughout, whist the sitting room and dining room retain the old malting pamment tiles, once a feature of the maltings house at the Snape Maltings. The dining room retains its original bread oven whilst the sitting room has a new wood burning stove in the old inglenook fireplace.
A new wooden staircase leads straight up to the 1st floor where there are three good sized bedrooms, two of which have the choice of singles/superking beds, the third has twin beds.
The garden has been charmingly landscaped to create discreet seating areas amongst the shrubs and trees and new willow fencing to give privacy within the garden.
- A traditional oak front door opens into the sunny hall where lighting is controlled by movement sensors so no need to worry about finding light switches in the dark. A cupboard with coat hooks and space for shoes and boots.
- The kitchen is divided from the hall by oak framed glazing and a wall of bi-fold doors to the garden making the kitchen light and airy. Fitted units and a central island unit with breakfast bar, there is a dresser and floor to ceiling units. Gas cooker, electric oven, washing machine, tumble dryer, fridge freezer, microwave, toaster; there is everything you might need for a comfortable holiday on the Suffolk coast.
- In the Dining Room there is an extendable French dining table seating up to 8, dresser and storage cupboards. The glazing to the hall gives two good light sources to the room making it light and airy
- A wood burning stove sits in the large Inglenook fireplace in the Living Room, with sofa and armchairs, occasional tables and flat screened smart TV and DVD player, this is a lovely room for all the family
- The ground floor shower room has a good sized shower, wash basin and WC, towel rail and automatic lighting
- Bedroom 1 - Super king or Twin beds (made up as a super king as standard however can be made up as a twin on request - please let us know your requirement at time of booking) bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, mirror and hanging hooks
- Bedroom 2 - Super king or Twin beds (made up as a super king as standard however can be made up as a twin on request - please let us know your requirement at time of booking), bedside tables and lamps, chest of drawers, mirror and hanging hooks
- Bedroom 3 - Two single beds, each with a bedside table and lamp, storage shelves, hanging hooks, bedroom chair and mirror
- The shower room has a large shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail
- A good sized cottage garden, newly landscaped with garden furniture and charcoal barbecue
- Parking in drive for one car (two if they are small)
- Electricity, bed linen and towels are provided, please bring your own beach towels
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the cottage
- A wifi service is provided, there is also a phone - please leave money for calls if used
- Air source central heating to the ground floor and for water heating, electric radiators for the first floor
- There is parking for bicycles in the garden shed
Parking: There is parking in the drive for 1 to 2 cars
Please note: There are some areas of low head height in the upstairs bedrooms due to the sloping ceilings, typical of the age of the property.
The Area: In the heart of the Suffolk Coast and Heaths Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in the centre of the tiny village of Snape, this delightful little beamed cottage makes the perfect base for enjoying the many concerts and activities at the Snape Maltings International Concert Hall. Snape has a lot to offer: a complex of shops, restaurants, galleries at Snape Maltings, three excellent village pubs all serving food, a village shop, fabulous riverside and coastal walks and lots of opportunities for off road cycling near by.
Just ten minutes drive from the pretty seaside town of Aldeburgh, with its golf course, sailing and yacht clubs, gently sloping beach and fine restaurants you can be assured of a really wonderful holiday. And not to forget the famous Fish and Chips, you may have a to queue but they're well worth the wait! Walkers will enjoy the five mile walk - The Sailor's Path - which takes one beside the estuary and across some beautiful heath walks, marshland broad walks and woodland paths to the sea at Aldeburgh.
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 single beds
- 4 single Zip&Link beds (combine for king/super king)
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Enclosed garden or courtyard
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Pub 0.1 miles
- Shop 0.1 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
Whitewalls is a quaint and comfortable property in a good location, walking distance of a pub serving good food and Snape Maltings. There was parking for two small cars and a pretty secluded garden. We would definitely stay again!
We enjoyed our break very much - having never visited Suffolk previously we were delighted to explore the area. The weather was very good and spent lots of time outside - the garden is smashing! along with the house everything needed was there. Lovely walks from the property to Snape Maltings and around the nature reserve, brilliant for dogs, we look forward to returning at some point in the future.