- £700 per week
- £100 per night
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 1 Pet
Beautiful holiday cottage with elegant furnishings, roll top bath and pretty gardens, close to the beach, shops and pubs.
Just a mile from Snape Maltings Concert Hall and the Alde Estuary is Boot Cottage, totally refurbished to create outstanding self catering holiday home with two bedrooms, both ensuites sleeping four guests. If you’re looking for a family and dog friendly property in Suffolk with period features, open fires and a large enclosed garden, Boot Cottage ticks all the boxes. The best of both worlds with the countryside on the doorstep and to seaside just a short stroll away.
Boot Cottage is perfect for walkers, cyclists, birdwatchers, artists and photographers, head to the Alde River, a fabulous expanse of water with sandy beach and sailing boats. This is a quiet spot away from the main tourist routes, yet just minutes from restaurants, pubs and of course Snape Maltings Concert Hall, with its year round programme of musical and arts events.
Boot Cottage also makes the perfect family holiday home. Iken Canoe is just minutes from the property so you might like to hire a kayak or canoe and explore the wildlife and river that runs through Iken, and Iken Bay stables barely a mile away.
Shops and pubs near Iken. Snape 3.5 miles, Aldeburgh 9 miles, Orford 5.5 miles, Southwold 22 miles
Why we love this property… a get away from it all holiday cottage, packed with home comforts with plenty of activities on the doorstep… there something for everyone!
Open porch with wooden pews. Stable door opens into the hall.
- Cloakroom: WC, wash hand basin, space for boots and coats.
- Sitting room: wood burning stove (logs provided), sofa and two armchairs, flat screen TV with Freeview and radio, DVD player, iPod dock.
- Dining room: table and 4 chairs, 2 additional carvers available, telephone for emergency and incoming calls only.
- Kitchen: stable door leading to the garden, electric cooker with two ovens, microwave, washing machine, freezer, fridge and dishwasher.
- Bedroom 1: super king bed, easy chair, chest.
- Ensuite: free standing bath, wash hand basin, WC, wardrobe, chest of drawers.
- Bedroom 2: twin beds, chest, bedside cabinets, easy chair.
- Ensuite shower: large walk in shower, wash hand basin, WC, built in storage cupboard with hanging, easy chair.
- Outside: garden, mainly lawn with flower beds close to the cottage and a patio area with table and chairs. Fenced but not necessarily dog proof. Electric fencing to the fields where livestock graze. Shed for bikes etc. Log store with logs for the wood burner.
- Parking: gravel drive where there is parking for several cars.
- Sleeps: 3 in 2 bedrooms.
- Pets: 1 dog welcome. Please keep on a lead in the garden (some areas are not dog proof). Hot and cold water outside taps with hoses provided for washing down muddy dogs. Please bring your own towels. Space for a dog basket in the hall. Please restrict your dog to the brick floored rooms (hall, kitchen and ground floor cloakroom).
- Heating: oil central heating throughout.
- Notes: WiFi, linen and towels provided. Please bring own beach towels. Boot Cottage is old and some doors have restricted head heights. The two staircases are curved and quite steep and one is narrow. Both have handrails and ground and first floor doors. No smoking. Check in: 4pm. Check out: 10am.
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 2 single beds
- Washing machine
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Garden or courtyard
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Pub 3 miles
- Shop 3 miles
- Open fire or woodburner
- Ground floor WC
Important - please note
- Check in: 5:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.