Sun Cottage is perfect for a peaceful coastal escape with family or a group of friends. This light, generous and modern cottage is just a short walk from the wonderful Aldeburgh seafront. Take advantage of the private garden and balcony for the ultimate relaxing getaway.
About the Property: Sun Cottage is a spacious beach retreat from which you can explore the delights of Aldeburgh. The property has a bright, contemporary feel throughout and has all the home comforts you could possibly want including TV, DVD player and WiFi. The sitting room is the perfect place to retire after an exciting day out or simply to cosy up with a good book in front of the fire. The kitchen has all the space and equipment to whip up a feast for everyone. The property has a family bathroom and 4 spacious bedrooms, 1 downstairs, and 3 upstairs. Each bedroom is as welcoming and tastefully decorated as the next. The upstairs double bedroom even has a balcony to enjoy. The private paved back garden equipped with BBQ and plenty of seating is a fantastic place to dine al fresco and lounge in the summer sunshine. The property also has a private balcony at the back of the cottage - ideal for taking in the fresh sea air and makes for an excellent sunbathing area.
Sleeps: Sleeps 8 in 1 king, 2 doubles, 1 twin
This property is ideal for: A family or group of friends to enjoy this wonderful, authentic seaside town. The High Street and beach are just a short walk away. Aldeburgh high street is lined with popular designer stores, galleries, tearooms and restaurants and there is even an 'olde style' picture house. Plus with Snape, Woodbridge and Orford all within driving distance there's plenty to explore.
Eating & drinking: Aldeburgh is well known for its excellent restaurants - The Lighthouse and Regatta, and The Brudenell all have excellent menus. A trip to Suffolk wouldn't be complete without trying the world-class Aldeburgh fish and chips.
Self catering: Several shops sell top quality locally produce - Slate is a must as is Aldeburgh Market. Fresh fish, lobsters and crabs can be bought from the sheds on the beach. There are two Co-op stores, one at your convenience on the High Street and a Tesco and Saxmundham has both a Tesco and Waitrose store who will deliver to Aldeburgh. With an Independent wine shop, butcher and baker, Aldeburgh caters for most needs! Snape Maltings is only a few miles away with The Food Hall and Farmers Market.
- The front door opens immediately into the spacious open plan kitchen/dining area. Next to the door there's a selection of coat hooks. The dining area includes a long wooden table with 2 wooden benchs and two chairs at both ends to seat eight. Along the back wall there's a large decorative shelf unit displaying some lovely china and cookery books. In the corner there's a mounted TV.
- The kitchen has a central, marble top breakfast bar table with four chairs and an integrated freezer. The kitchen itself has plenty of storage space and is well equipped with crockery, utensils, dishwasher, fridge, kettle, toaster, cafetiere x2, electric hob and oven.
- Leaving the kitchen you enter the hall and immediately to the left there's Bedroom 1's en suite bathroom. The en suite is complete with wash basin, w.c., power shower, mirror, and heated towel rail. The washing machine and tumble dryer are also stored in the corner.
- Walk through the en suite to Bedroom 1 - double bedroom which is equipped with double bed, two bedside tables and lamps, vintage style chest of drawers with mirror, corner hanging rail, and arm chair. The bedroom is wonderfully light with double doors opening out to the back garden and a single door opening to the front patio.
- Continue down the hallway there's the cosy and bright living room which features two sofas, one corner chair, providing total seating for 8, two side lights, plenty of coffee tables, TV, DVD player, WiFi, music sound system with bluetooth for iPods and iPhones, variety of artwork, wood burner and two sets of double doors opening into the back garden. Please note there is a small step up into the sitting room.
- The stairs to the first floor are curved and in two section. The first section has a hand rail. There's a wall of books and DVDs.
- Bedroom 2 - Twin bedroom with two single beds, one bedside table, one bedside lamp, bookshelf space, built in wardrobe, and a box full of children's books. There are three windows in the room so it's bright and airy.
- Bedroom 3 - Double bedroom with double bed, two bedside tables, two bedside lamps, wall mounted TV, built in wardrobe with plenty of hanging space and double doors opening onto the front balcony.
- Master bedroom with ensuite - Spacious bedroom with king bed, two bedside tables, two bedside lamps, built in wardrobe, lovely artwork, hairdryer, and has hooks on the back of the door. The ensuite bathroom has a bath with power shower attachment, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- Family bathroom - Bath with power shower attachment, wash basin and w.c., mounted shelf, large wall mirror and heated towel rail.
- Balcony - Spacious area to take in that fresh Aldeburgh air.
- Washing machine and tumble dryer in Bedroom 1 ensuite bathroom.
- Iron and ironing board
- Central heating, lighting, linen and towels included
- Heating by electric radiators
- Guests are asked to consider other holidaymakers and not smoke in the house
- A wifi service is provided.
- Off street parking is available for one car. Additional parking: Parking permits for the surrounding car parks can be purchased from Suffolk Coastal District Council. There are offices in Woodbridge and Felixstowe if you wish to purchase and collect in person. These can be ordered over the phone by calling 01394 383789 and posted to you second class, we therefore recommend that you book these well in advance. Opening hours: Mon-Wed 8.45 am - 5 pm, Thurs 9.30 am - 5.30 pm, Fri 8.45 am - 4.30 pm.
- Wooden table and chairs to seat six
- Round table with chairs to seat four
- Pretty white corner seat
- Sleeps 8
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 1 Pet allowed
- Private parking
- 2 Single beds
- 2 Double beds
- 1 King size/super king size bed
- WiFi available
- Equipped with a highchair
- Open fire/woodburner
- Bath towels included
- Bed linen included
- Equipped with a dishwasher
- Equipped with a tumble dryer
- Equipped with a washing machine
Fantastic stay and everything that we needed was in the cottage. Location could not have been any better, so close to the shops, restaurants and beach. Would definitely go back to the same cottage again.Sheila Papworth - 18th August 2018
Very homely, great location. Â Will be returning! Â Thank you.McDonald Family - 22nd June 2016
We've had a wonderful four nights in this beautiful house and would love to come back. It's light and airy and perfect for 6 of us. We would highly recommend the property and supper at The Lighthouse. Thank you for our stay!Stamford Family - 12th April 2016
Lovely cottage and great place to spend Easter. Thank you.Hopewell Family - 21st March 2016
We've hand-picked a selection of Holiday Extras from trusted partners to make your holiday extra special. When you make your booking, you'll see all the Extras on offer at your chosen property and be able to add them to your holiday. Booking them in advance gives you more time to relax when you arrive, and remember - many of these offers are exclusive so you won’t find them anywhere else.
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Cookery Workshop and Entertainment
Have fun and learn some new skills with a cookery workshop from local chef Emma Crowhurst
Discover Newmarket Discover Newmarket Tours
Once the sporting playground of royalty, the historic home of horseracing celebrates a heritage dating back over 350 years. The area has loads to offer with Dis...
Nomad Sea Kayaking Nomad Sea Kayaking Adventure
Get active with an adventure sea kayaking experience. See a different view of Suffolk’s waterside landscape and wildlife, on one of these truly memorable tri...
Emma Crowhurst - Private Chef Private chef to cook your dinner
For a truly relaxing holiday, why not treat yourself to a private chef to cook for you. Bespoke dining experiences courtesy of local chef Emma Crowhurst
Ufford Park Health & Spa Two for One Fire and Ice Spa Day at Ufford Park Spa
Treat yourself and a partner to the ultimate indulgent day of relaxation at The Thermal Suite, Ufford Park Spa, plus enjoy 25% discount on treatments.
Cretingham Golf Club Unlimited Golf Packages - Cretingham Golf Club
We are delighted to be able to bring you this exclusive offer from one of the county’s most picturesque golf courses. The 18-hole parkland course is...
Nick Catling Photography 10% Discount on Beach Photography Workshop
Capture beautiful images on film to help keep the memories of your Suffolk cottage holiday alive with this full day photography workshop with Nick Catling.
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Classic Wine Selection
This classic case oozes class and is perfect to give you various flavours from across the globe! Enjoy 2 bottles of each wine to encourage sharing or indulgence...
- Normal price
Virgin Wines 12 Bottle Luxury Wine Selection
This 12 bottle case is packed full of wines to blow you away with flavours and complexities all round – a case guaranteed to impress all who get the pleas...
- Normal price
Aldeburgh Yacht Club 2 Hour Sailing Experience at Aldeburgh Yacht Club
Take to the water with and RYA instructor at Aldeburgh Yacht Club for a private sailing lesson.