- £1,123 per week
- £160 per night
- 7 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- No Pets
In the very heart of Aldeburgh, on the Suffolk coast, Hanover House has wonderful views over Aldeburgh beach and the sea. Fully refurbished, it provides delightful accommodation for 7 people. Friends or family, the self-contained garden flat gives your group added flexibility.
SNAPE 5 miles (8 km), ORFORD 12 miles (17 km), WOODBRIDGE 20 miles (33 km), SOUTHWOLD 24 miles (39 km)
About the Property: Hanover House is a delightful, bay-fronted property in the heart of Aldeburgh. With the property facing Aldeburgh High Street in one direction, the sea in the other, it's perfectly positioned for a seaside holiday. Set over three floors, there are two lovely ground floor bedrooms and shower room, an open plan sitting room leading into the kitchen dining room on the first floor and two bedrooms and bathroom on the top floor. Sea views from both the 1st and 2nd floor, so if the youngsters decide to go on the boating lake you can keep an eye on them from the house. The bright and beachy feel throughout the house, with painted floors, modern furnishings with lots of thoughtful touches makes for a stylish break by the sea. The ground floor shower is a bonus for anyone coming back from the beach.
Parking: Park up in the High Street to drop off bags etc. Parking permits for the surrounding car parks can be purchased from East Suffolk Council. There are offices in Woodbridge and Felixstowe if you wish to purchase and collect in person. These can be ordered over the phone by calling 0333 016 2000 and posted to you second class, we therefore recommend that you book these well in advance.
Sleeps: Sleeps 7 in 2 doubles, 1 twin , 1 single.
Ideal for: One or two families, or groups of friends. With two distinct sleeping areas you can have some privacy whilst sharing the kitchen and sitting rooms. There's something for everyone to enjoy in Aldeburgh and Thorpeness. Just along the high street is a fantastic selection of boutiques, shops, galleries, Aldeburghs lovely old independant cinema and a magnificent choice of fine eateries and pubs. For any keen sailors there is both a yacht and sailing club with sailing on the estuary and the sea. If you fancy a more leisurely boating experience there's always The Meare at Thorpeness. In the heart of the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Aldeburgh is also ideal for bird watchers, cyclists, walkers and photographers. Fishermen should bring their rods; there is fine fishing on Aldeburgh beach from cod in winter to sole, flounder and school bass.
Eating and Drinking out: There are plenty of pubs, restaurants and tearooms to choose from, all within a stones throw of Hanover House.The White Lion Hotel has sea views and a traditional menu and Prezzo provides a relaxed, friendly atmosphere for all ages. For slightly more formal dining try Regatta or The Lighthouse but no trip to Suffolk would be complete without trying the world-class Aldeburgh fish and chips. There are two great fish and chip shops in Aldeburgh high street with 'The Times' describing them as 'possibly the finest on the East Coast?.
Self Catering Eating: In the High street you will find all the holiday provisions and treats you need; butchers, bakers, greengrocers, Salt Deli, a Co-op general store and, of course, there is no shortage of fish sheds dotted along the beach, selling freshly-caught seafood throughout the day. Alternatively, most of the major supermarkets will deliver to this address.
Snape Maltings is only a few miles away with The Food Hall and Farmers Market.
For more ideas on places to visit and things to do, please see our information websites Visit Aldeburgh and Visit Orford
- The front door opens into a hall area with coat hooks and understair space for pushchairs, buckets and spades etc and doors to
- A double bedded room with wood flooring, bedside table and lamp, hanging space, chest of drawers, fitted cupboard with shelving, easy chair.
- A cosy single bedroom with a 2.6' single bed. There is a chest of drawers, dresser, hanging space, Victorian fireplace and shutters to the windows.
- A shower room with deep shower, wash basin, w.c. and heated towel rail.
- Stairs lead directly into the sitting room with large French Doors leading out to a magnificent balcony overlooking Aldeburgh Beach, the boating lake and the sea. Sofas, easy chairs and cushions, lamps and coffee table, shelving with books, a flat screen TV and DVD (neatly hidden behind cupboard doors when not in use).
- The large kitchen/dining room has a large stripped pine table and chairs. Stylish fully fitted kitchen has gas hob, and electric oven, dishwasher, fridge with freezer compartment, washing machine, coffee machine and microwave.
- Once again the double bedroom has excellent views over the beach and the sea, with stripped pine floors. There is a double bed, bedside table and lamp, a large walk in hanging cupboard, chest of drawers, chair and shutters to the windows.
- A twin bedroom with two single beds, bedside tables and lamps, large fitted cupboards with hanging space and shelving, and a wooden cot.
- The bathroom has a bath with overhead shower, wash basin, w.c., and radiator.
- Walled courtyard garden with small table and two chairs.
- Central heating, bed linen and towels are included. Please bring your own beach towels.
- In consideration of other visitors please do not smoke in the property.
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 double beds
- 4 single beds
- Washing machine
- Towels provided
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
How far to ...?
- Pub 0.1 miles
- Shop 0.1 miles
- Sea or coastal views
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
To give our cleaners enough time to complete the additional cleaning and sanitising that is currently needed to keep our guests safe, check-in and check-out times at the majority of our properties have been temporarily revised. The revised times for this property are reflected above.