- £- per week
- £- per night
- 7 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 3 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
A spacious south facing detached family friendly house in a quiet location, with enclosed garden and ample parking, only 5 minutes walk from Aldeburgh High Street and the Beach.
SNAPE 5 miles (8 km), ORFORD 12 miles (17 km), WOODBRIDGE 20 miles (33 km), SOUTHWOLD 24 miles (39 km)
About the Property: Fern Court Lodge is a secluded detached family house ideally situated in a quiet, no-through, un-adopted lane, around 5 minutes walk from Aldeburgh High Street. The house is a pleasant mix of traditional and contemporary with a newly fitted galley-style kitchen, delightfully renovated dining room and contemporary bathrooms. The sitting room and dining room overlook the intimate lawned garden and, being south-facing, enjoy a very sunny aspect. A gas log-effect fire provides complementary heating to the already efficient central heating.
An attractive feature to Fern Court Lodge is the ground floor master bedroom which has French doors opening on to the driveway and an en-suite bathroom fitted with both a shower and a bath. Lots of games and toys for all ages including puzzles and old fashioned family games.
About the location: Aldeburgh is one of those special seaside towns visited by the enlightened, time and time again. Writers, artists, composers, musicians, actors and those who hanker for the simple pleasures of holidays of their youth return to Aldeburgh year after year. In recent times a number of smart boutique clothes shops have established themselves and excellent local produce and organic food is now readily available.The boating lake is still a draw for even the most sophisticated youngster and you can still stroll down to Slaughden for sailing or a boat trip on the Alde.
And whilst very popular the town is only really crowded during the Carnival in mid August. But don't worry, if you want to be alone simply wander along the beach or across the water meadows towards Thorpeness or Brickdock. For those staying at Fern Court Lodge, the tennis courts, now floodlit in the evenings, are just a couple of minutes walk away so do take your tennis rackets.
Eating out: Extremely good restaurants produce mouth watering menus which are likely to attract you back time and again. We like The Lighthouse and Regatta. There are also excellent restaurants at The Brudenell, The White Lion and The Wentworth hotels. Of course, you cannot mention Aldeburgh without alluding to fish and chips! The town has, arguably, the two best fish and chip shops in East Anglia if not the UK!
- Front door opens to a hallway with doors on the right leading to the dining room, the kitchen and a small cloakroom. Stairs lead to the first floor. To the left is a door to the sitting room. Further along the hall is a small office space where wifi is available. A door and one small step down leads to the ground floor master bedroom.
- The sitting room is spacious with a sofa and armchairs to the left and to the right another sofa, armchair and the gas log-effect fire. The room is dominated by large windows and french doors which open on to the garden. Light floods into the room and on sunny days with the french doors open it is a glorious place in which to relax.
- The dining room is also south-facing and is accessed from both the hall and the kitchen. A dining table and 8 chairs are the central feature of the room. Doors open to the small utility room where there is a washing machine and tumble dryer. A door leads to the outside. Another door leads to a large pantry in which there is shelving for foodstuffs and a free-standing fridge-freezer.
- The kitchen has an electric oven and a gas hob. The sink overlooks the pleasant front garden and drive. There is a dishwasher and microwave. Do note that the kitchen is not overly big and when cooking the extractor fan over the hob needs to be switched on to avoid setting off the mains connected smoke alarm.
- In the hallway there is a small desk where one can use the wifi.
- At the east end of the hallway a door leads to the ground floor master bedroom which has a king-sized (5') double bed with bedside tables and lights. French doors facing west open on to the front garden and drive. On the other side of the bedroom is the en-suite, which has a bath and a separate shower.
- The stairs lead to one king-sized double bedroom, one twin and a single bedroom.
- There are two family bathrooms at either end of the landing. One with a separate shower, wash hand basin and w.c., the other with bath, hand-held shower, wash hand basin and w.c. There is a hairdryer.
- Small sunny garden, fenced all round, mainly lawn with flower beds. Good garden furniture: big table, bench, 2 armchairs - additional fold-up chairs may be brought from dining room in dry weather. Small charcoal BBQ - please bring own supplies
- Fern Court Lodge has gas central heating and a gas log effect stove (please note that the doors must not be opened)
- Please note that a gardener calls from time to time to cut the grass.
- In consideration of other visitors, please do not smoke in Fern Court Lodge.
- Wifi is provided.
- There is a travel cot and high chair at the property. If using the travel cot please provide your own bed linen for it. There is also a pushchair and fire-guard.
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 2 king/super-king beds
- 3 single beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Family friendly
- Travel cot
- Garden or courtyard
- Private parking
How far to ...?
- Pub 0.1 miles
- Shop 0.1 miles
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
Important - please note
- Check in: 4:00pm
- Check out: 9:00am
Excellent location, plenty of space, adequate seating and ideal for a family holiday. This is our fifth visit to this particular property.
Good location, plenty of room, very quiet.
Comfortable, commodious and completely child and pet friendly. The whole extended family were all to reunite for our first proper time together since lockdown. Highly recommend this venue.
Comfortable, well equipped house in quiet location ten minutes walk from town and sea front. Charming if small garden with Weber charcoal BBQ